April 27, 2012

DIY Fri: Silhouette Postcards

Who doesn't love snail mail? I know it makes my day to receive a postcard in the mail from a friend. It's so nice to be though of, and the mail is a great way to send someone an unexpected surprise. It's embarrassing to say, but I get all giddy whenever I receive anything in the mail. So, just imagine how ecstatic I am when it's something from family or friends. Does anyone else feel this way? Anyways, if you do, then I hope you enjoy this fun little project! Happy crafting!


Supplies:
-glue stick
-old postcard or ruler
-pen
-pretty paper
-scissors
-thin cardboard


1. Either trace an old post card, or draw a rectangle with a ruler, on to a piece of thin cardboard. I used an old box from some cornbread mix. 2. Cut out your rectangle. 3. Glue pretty paper to the wrong side of your postcard, and cut off any excess. Re-glue the sides and corners if needed. 4. Draw a silhouette on to a solid piece of paper. Cut it out and then glue it to the postcard. 5. Draw lines on the back to mimic a true postcard. 





1 comment:

  1. I am in LOVE with these postcards - i am taking part in a postcard swap and will try and make a couple of these to send off. Great site too so cute :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...